How we can help you

  • We can help you with information about how to apply for an Education, Health and Social Care Plan (EHC Plan);
  • We can help with information and advice about support available in local schools for pupils with SEN;
  • We can provide information, advice and support in relation to the take up of personal budgets;
  • We can provide information on the Law on SEN and Disability, Health and Social Care;
  • We can help you gather information relating to SEN or Disabilities for assessments;
  • We can help you understand and interpret information relating to SEN and Disabilities;
  • We can provide information on the Local Authority's Disagreement Resolution Service and Independent Mediation Service;
  • We can provide information about complaints procedures;
  • We can help you lodge an appeal with the SEND Tribunal Service, and support you throughout this appeal;
  • We can signpost you or your child to relevant SEND support groups, organisations and other Local Authority services, including Connexions, Housing and young peoples' forums;
  • We can help with information on schools' admissions policies, exclusions policies and school transport policies.
  • We have close links with Trafford Parents' Forum;
  • We have an independent Parents and Young Peoples' Partnership Service (PYPPS) Steering Group, which meets once per term and monitors the quality, impartiality and confidentiality of the service.  This is independently chaired, with the majority of members who are parents and carers. This group has a published terms of reference.

Girl eyes landscape